I am an avid coffee drinker and for the last two years, I have spent way too much money at Starbucks. Something about their coffee made me believe that it wasn’t bad to pay $4 for a medium coffee. But after two to three years of long lost money, I got tired of going to Starbucks and paying for overpriced coffee.
I mean, the lines are crazy, the prices are high, and many of their drinks can be easily made at home. So this year I decided I would learn to make my favorite drink from there: an iced vanilla latté. And I did. If you are in love with iced lattés, you have to keep reading, because you are about to save hundreds of dollars for a coffee that’s so easy to make and tastes EXACTLY the same as the one Starbucks serves.
(Picture on the left is not mine, all rights go to the rightful owner)
What’s great about making this at home is that the drink becomes fully customizable. The coffee choice, your milk choice, everything. Altogether, the ingredients I use cost around $25; however keep in mind that using these ingredients will last a long time (my coffee capsules and vanilla syrup lasted me about a month and a half). If you want to follow the basic recipe this is what you will need:
- Expresso – I use Nespresso Fortissio Lungo Coffee Capsules, highly recommend this one because it’s not overly strong, but you still taste it and it’ll wake you up.
- Milk – I use 2% milk. This is what Starbucks uses but you can change it to the milk you prefer.
- Vanilla Syrup – The best one is the Starbucks Vanilla Syrup. Since it is made by the Starbucks company, you can be sure it’s going to taste the same.
How to make it:
Before: Brew your expresso. My dad has small coffee cups that I use as my measurement.
- Add the vanilla syrup, I add 4 pumps.
2. Fill your cup with ice cubes, I put them all the way to the top.
3. Then, add however much expresso you want. I recommend putting a napkin underneath your cup because every time I do this it goes everywhere. 😂
4. Finally, add your milk and stir.
Voila! You’ve got yourself an Iced Vanilla Latté from Starbucks. Ever since perfecting this recipe, I have not gone back to Starbucks to purchase a coffee. My recipe is an amazing copy that I recommend to anyone that loves iced lattés. It’s customizable, the ingredients are cheap, you make your coffee at home, and you save money. I hoped I helped out someone’s Starbucks addiction out !!
Let me know in the comments what’s your favorite drink at Starbucks, or if you prefer another coffee shop!